Vanilla Coffee Soap
Handcrafted, Vegan & No-GMO's
It looks like Chocolate cake, but it's smells like fresh brewed coffee!
The base of this soap is brewed vanilla organic, fair-trade coffee, which I infused into the oil as well. No added colors or scents to this coffee soap. Fresh ground coffee is sprinkled on the top of the soap as well as throughout the bar. This provides an excellent natural exfoliant and the caffeine is fully loaded in this soap.
- Exfoliate your skin – New skin cells are created in the dermis, the lower layer of our skin. The new cells eventually work themselves to the surface but, as we age, the process slows down and becomes uneven, giving our skin a dry, rough look. Exfoliation removes the dead skin cells on the surface of our skin to reveal the newer skin underneath. Coffee is a very effective natural exfoliant in natural soap. Coffee grounds are gritty enough yet not abrasive, so they exfoliate gently. Natural soap containing coffee makes a great scrubbing soap for both body and face and will help you achieve smoother, better-looking skin. It is also great for men because it helps expose hair follicles, allowing for a better shave and preventing ingrown hairs. Because exfoliation can dry the skin, we put wonderful oils in our natural soap to keep it moisturized.
- Fight acne, eczema and psoriasis – The natural oil in coffee contains enzymes that detoxify, cleanse and help unclog pores, making it ideal for treating acne, eczema and other skin problems. Coffee oil is very similar to our natural body oils and has the same PH level as human skin.
- Reduce skin redness – The caffeine in coffee has the ability to constrict blood vessels (vasoconstrictor), making it very useful in natural soap for those who suffer from rosacea and skin redness. It will even out your skin tone. It can also help minimize the appearance of tiny “spider” veins on the skin.
- Reduce under-eye puffiness – While it may not get rid of those dark circles under your eyes (which are often hereditary), the anti-inflammatory properties of caffeine in coffee help minimize under-eye redness and inflammation. It also helps prevent the build-up of blood under your eyes which contributes to those dark circles.
- Absorb odors – When we cook, our hands absorb the unpleasant odors of pungent foods like garlic, onion, hot peppers, fish, etc. Keep this delightful natural soap on hand in your kitchen! It will remove all of these, and other, nasty odors from your skin.
- Prevent sun & cell damage – Our cells and tissues are constantly under attack from excessive amounts of free radicals. Free radical damage is a known contributor to the premature aging of our skin, along with acne, eczema and other problems. Our bodies naturally fight off free radical damage with antioxidants such as vitamins A, C and E, and polyphenols. The coffee cherry, the fruit of the coffee plant, has gained attention for its powerful antioxidant properties.
- Get rid of cellulite? – Recent studies show that coffee/caffeine applied to the skin may tighten and firm skin, reducing cellulite! Researchers in Brazil at Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (2007) and the Universidade de São Paulo (2008) found that the application of skin cream and solutions containing caffeine significantly reduced the size of cellulite cells by 17%. Caffeine apparently dehydrates fat cells by energizing them which causes the elimination of water and the sodium/potassium component of the cells. By massaging and rubbing the areas with natural soap containing coffee, the fat cells break up and the lumps and bumps of cellulite decrease. The end result is smoother skin.
- Lift your mood – Last, but certainly not least, is the spectacular natural aroma of coffee! The aroma relaxes us and clears our minds. Just the smell can lift our energy or mood. Smelling coffee is also known to reduce nausea.
Ingredients: Virgin Cold-Pressed Avocado Oil, Virgin Virgin Sunflower Oil, Organic Coconut Fair-trade Vanilla Coffee, Distilled Water, Sodium Hydroxide (Lye) and Grapeseed Oil.